A letter from Alexia Burch to Utah gymnastics

Utah’s Alexia Burch celebrates after her vault during the 2022 Pac-12 women’s gymnastics championship at the Maverik Center.

Utah’s Alexia Burch celebrates after her vault in the course of the Pac-12 ladies’s gymnastics championship on the Maverik Middle in West Valley Metropolis on Saturday, March 19, 2022.

Spenser Heaps, Deseret Information

How do you go about telling a narrative that was a lifetime within the making? 

Even when the time-frame is shortened to an athlete’s 4 or 5 years in school, how do you set into phrases the influence and which means of a collegiate profession? 

That's the problem yearly on the subject of representing the experiences of gymnasts whose time with Utah gymnastics has come to an finish. 

Relatively than make an ill-fated try at it, we’ve let the gymnasts converse for themselves forward of the ultimate meet of their careers.

Here's what Utah senior Alexia Burch needed to say.


“Expensive Utah gymnastics,

Thanks for all the things. Every part from the second I stepped on campus as a child Ute in 2017, to the day I stroll throughout the stage at commencement. You've got meant probably the most and been my world for 5 years, and I couldn't be extra grateful.

Thanks for being the factor that pushed me the toughest, taught me life classes and supported me alongside the whole manner. As a freshman, you taught me learn how to be an grownup. To be type, caring and respectful.

Coming to varsity as a 17 12 months outdated just isn't straightforward, however I used to be all the time given the help I wanted to be right here. As a sophomore, you taught me learn how to push by the toughest of instances. It would all be price it.

Even when it was not my finest meet, I used to be all the time met with reinforcement on learn how to get higher. As a junior, you taught me what household meant. Household above all else. A workforce of ladies and the entire workers being all in on one dream and purpose.

As a senior, you taught me management and confirmed me why I've beloved this sport a lot. The pandemic modified what a season appeared like, however that didn't cease us from reaching all the things we wished.

Lastly, as a brilliant senior, you gave me another probability to be round a gaggle of ladies I name my sisters, and workers who will all the time be household. A senior send-off with followers, family and friends all attending to be there for a ultimate salute within the Huntsman Middle is one thing I'll always remember.

I can't be extra appreciative of my time spent on the College of Utah and the entire recollections I've made alongside the best way within the gymnastics program. You've got given me the chance of a lifetime to get my diploma whereas additionally doing the game I really like probably the most.

Thanks and as all the time, Go Utes!”


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post