A letter from Sydney Soloski to Utah gymnastics

Utah gymnast Sydney Soloski thanks fans after her floor routine in a meet against Minnesota at the Huntsman Center.

Utah’s Sydney Soloski thanks followers after her flooring routine because the Utah Purple Rocks compete in opposition to Minnesota in a gymnastics meet on the Huntsman Middle in Salt Lake Metropolis on Friday, March 4, 2022.

Mengshin Lin, Deseret Information

How do you go about telling a narrative that was a lifetime within the making?

Even when the timeframe is shortened to an athlete’s 4 or 5 years in faculty, how do you place into phrases the impression and that means of a collegiate profession?

That's the problem yearly in terms of representing the experiences of gymnasts whose time with Utah gymnastics has come to an finish.

Reasonably than make an ill-fated try at it, we’ve let the gymnasts converse for themselves forward of the ultimate meet of their careers.

Here's what Utah senior Sydney Soloski needed to say.


“Pricey Utah Gymnastics,

What a wild journey the previous 5 years have been, and sadly it's coming all the way down to its ultimate days. Sadly, being an athlete doesn’t final endlessly, and I’ve realized it’s not presupposed to. My time right here on the College of Utah has been probably the most unbelievable expertise I ever might have hoped for. 

From the exhausting days within the health club to the 15,000 greatest followers within the nation screaming my identify, these are recollections that I maintain close to and pricey to my coronary heart and endlessly will. No phrases will be capable of describe my gratitude and love for this program and the individuals in it, and for that I really feel so blessed.

The final 5 years have been stuffed with happiness, heartbreak, tears, laughs, however most significantly recollections that may final a lifetime. I wouldn’t commerce my time as a Utah gymnast for the world. 

The tears rolling down my face as I'm scripting this symbolize how a lot I’m going miss this a part of my life in addition to my gratitude for everybody who was part of my journey — regardless of how large or small.

These are tears of pleasure as I can actually say that I've achieved the whole lot I might have ever dreamed of and I stroll away from this sport with my head held excessive figuring out I made all my goals come true. 

I wish to thank Utah gymnastics for introducing me to a few of my greatest buddies, giving me the expertise of a lifetime and letting me develop into the girl I'm in the present day. Thanks for letting me turn into part of your legacy. I like you and I’ll miss you dearly.” 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post