A letter from Adrienne Randall to Utah gymnastics

Utah’s Adrienne Randall competes on the beam as the Utah Red Rocks compete against Oregon State at the Huntsman Center.

Utah’s Adrienne Randall competes on the beam because the Utah Pink Rocks compete towards Oregon State in a gymnastics meet on the Huntsman Heart in Salt Lake Metropolis on Friday, Feb. 18, 2022. Utah gained.

Kristin Murphy, Deseret Information

How do you go about telling a narrative that was a lifetime within the making? 

Even when the time-frame is shortened to an athlete’s 4 or 5 years in school, how do you set into phrases the impression and which means of a collegiate profession? 

That's the problem yearly relating to representing the experiences of gymnasts whose time with Utah gymnastics has come to an finish. 

Reasonably than make an ill-fated try at it, we’ve let the gymnasts converse for themselves forward of the ultimate meet of their careers.

Here's what Utah senior Adrienne Randall needed to say.


“I can’t actually put into phrases how grateful I'm to have been capable of have the chance to compete and study a lot from the College of Utah, not to mention the Utah gymnastics program.

It’s been an absolute privilege to compete for one of the cultured, storied packages in all of NCAA Ladies’s Collegiate Gymnastics. I do not forget that little freshman in highschool who simply liked the game and had her eyes opened to an entire new expertise of faculty gymnastics. This program has achieved an unreal job at making my expertise nothing lower than unbelievable. 

I first need to thank my mother for being the perfect there may be, and doing greater than the whole lot to assist me get this far in my profession. With out her, I don’t assume that little lady who began gymnastics 19 years in the past would have had the chance to do the game she loves by means of J.O., Elite and school.

Gymnastics has all the time held such a particular place in my coronary heart, and searching again at each expertise, damage, and onerous follow, it was value each little factor as a result of it’s these days that make you grateful. 

Earlier to the U., I attended SCEGA Gymnastics the place I can’t even discover the phrases to explain how grateful I'm for day by day spent there. With out them and their program, I don’t assume that I might have had the alternatives I did, and to have the distinction of being right here.

I additionally need to thank on the time co-head coaches Tom (Farden) and Megan (Marsden) the place they gave that little lady with large goals an opportunity to stay them out at one of the storied, elite packages. 

My freshman yr was positively particular in several methods, however the one factor that caught out to me essentially the most was the crew ambiance. Earlier than coming to school you're a crew, however compete lots for your self individually whereas whenever you get right here the ballgame is so totally different.

On the identical time, it's such an unbelievable feeling to compete for individuals who stand proper behind you. Beforehand to this I had damaged my wrist the place I needed to get surgical procedure to restore, however this program was nothing wanting serving to and rehabbing me as quickly as attainable again proper earlier than my sophomore yr.

This was one other yr to recollect. It was an undefeated yr, and it’s indescribable to me as a result of this crew was one thing so particular, till the heartbreak of a shortened season the place COVID-19 ended us proper earlier than the postseason. I wouldn’t have modified any of it for the world due to the way it bonded us and actually made us stronger for the 2021 season.

One other unbelievable yr the place we completed third within the nation, and as soon as once more an indescribable yr I wouldn’t have modified a factor for the world. Then onto senior yr was actually an expertise of ups and downs, however that’s the game of gymnastics and I wouldn’t have modified how any of it performed out. 

I’m past stoked to have had the chance to compete for this program, create such a robust bond with my teammates that I’ll maintain onto for the remainder of my life, and finally study a lot from this sport that I will probably be perpetually grateful for. Thanks to everybody who has impacted my time on this sport. You'll all maintain a particular place in my coronary heart perpetually.”


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post