DEAR ABBY: The place do I start? I’ve been a loyal reader of your column for years. I've been married to my present husband for 14 not-good years.
He was recognized with Sort 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiomyopathy seven years in the past and hasn’t had a job since then. We now have a daughter who might be 7 quickly.
He insists his medical situations preserve him from working. I really feel he might clear up these issues by taking his treatment and weight-reduction plan.
He doesn’t deal with our daughter and doesn’t do something round the home. I take out the trash, wash the dishes, give the infant a shower, brush her tooth and hair and deal with all of the payments. He makes excuse after excuse.
I’ve been the supplier for too rattling lengthy. Please assist.
TIRED IN CALIFORNIA
DEAR TIRED: You said that you've been married to this man for 14 “not-good” years. Nowhere in your letter did you point out whether or not there's any love left between you.
Does your husband’s physician agree that his medical situations stop him from working? Ask the query! If the reply is sure, you'll then need to determine whether or not you possibly can reside as much as your vow relating to “in illness and in well being.” If the reply isn't any, make an appointment with a household regulation legal professional and inquire about your choices and what your duties to him could also be must you determine to separate or divorce.
DEAR ABBY: I met my boyfriend on-line final 12 months. He lives within the U.Ok.; I’m within the U.S. I like him dearly and we discuss transferring in collectively inside the subsequent 12 months.
The unique plan was for him to to migrate, since I'm nearer to my household and have a longtime job. Nonetheless, I’m a bit apprehensive as a result of he doesn’t drive. It’s not simply due to the training curve it's going to take to change sides of the street; he doesn’t drive within the U.Ok. both.
I just lately requested him why he doesn’t, and he stated he’s apprehensive he'll relapse. He was hooked on medicine when he was younger however has been clear for years.
I don’t decide him for his previous; I’m pleased with who he's now. However I’m apprehensive about having to drive each of us once we reside collectively as a result of my metropolis doesn’t have the most effective public transportation.
Is there a strategy to carry up making an attempt to drive within the U.S. with out placing him in a nasty spot? Or is there no approach round this?
ONLY DRIVER IN THE MIDWEST
DEAR ONLY DRIVER: Has this particular person been to the U.S. to go to you earlier than? If he hasn’t, and doesn’t have a job that may stop it, why not invite him to remain for 3 or 4 weeks? That approach you could possibly determine if offering all of his transportation could be workable and never too anxious in the long run for you.
Frankly, I don’t see the connection between his former drug behavior and his concern about driving an car.
The 2 of it's good to get to know one another loads higher earlier than both of you decides to uproot your lives and relocate. In case your relationship continues to develop, it would make extra sense so that you can transfer to the U.Ok.
Expensive Abby is written by Abigail Van Buren, also referred to as Jeanne Phillips, and was based by her mom, Pauline Phillips. Contact Expensive Abby at www.DearAbby.com or P.O. Field 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069.