What is it about Braeden Daniels’ versatility that makes him so unique heading into NFL draft?

Utah offensive lineman Braeden Daniels prepares to block during game against Arizona State, Sept. 24, 2022, in Tempe, Ariz.

Utah offensive lineman Braeden Daniels prepares to dam throughout recreation in opposition to Arizona State, Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022, in Tempe, Ariz.

Rick Scuteri, Related Press

AP23064754472944.jpg

Utah offensive lineman Braeden Daniels runs a drill on the NFL mix in Indianapolis, Sunday, March 5, 2023. The Utah offensive lineman completed within the high 10 in virtually each take a look at he took for offensive linemen on the mix.

Erin Hooley, Related Press

Because the NFL draft approaches, Utah offensive lineman Braeden Daniels figures to discover a residence on the subsequent degree — at any variety of positions.

“What I inform the gamers is, for my part, the extra marketable you're the extra alternatives you might have on the subsequent degree.” — Utah offensive line coach Jim Harding

In 49 video games with the Utes, the 2022 Pac-12 All-Convention first-team choice has had expertise at left guard, left deal with and proper deal with beneath offensive line coach Jim Harding. 

That’s one of many issues that NFL groups like about Daniels, based on the suggestions that he’s acquired. 

“My versatility, my explosiveness off the ball, my quick-twitch off the ball; me having the ability to play a bunch of positions and simply my IQ of the sport,” he stated. “Having the ability to repeat again the performs I’ve discovered and provides them what they’re giving me and attempting to make it as straightforward of a transition as attainable.”

Daniels, a 6-foot-4, 294-pounder from Carrollton, Texas, is assured that he can play middle within the NFL, too. 

“I undoubtedly have been enjoying all totally different positions. Coach Harding has been speaking about being marketable since I used to be a freshman,” he stated. “I’ve been enjoying guard, middle and deal with. I've some spring recreation movie at middle and a few follow tape at middle. These guys (within the NFL) need to see if I can play middle.”

Harding feels Daniels can play middle, too. 

“I do. I don’t know what goes into it at that degree however due to his size and his soccer IQ and his foot velocity, issues like that, I feel that’s the place he’s finest suited,” he stated. “However it relies on the scheme and the group. That’s my private opinion.”

Harding trains his gamers to be versatile. 

“What I inform the gamers is, for my part, the extra marketable you're the extra alternatives you might have on the subsequent degree. You take a look at someone like Braeden Daniels final 12 months,” Harding stated. “He by no means performed middle in a recreation however now we have movie that’s been requested of the reps he took at middle in follow from NFL groups.

“That’s an ideal instance of what I simply stated. The extra positions you'll be able to play, and present on movie, whether or not it’s in follow or on Saturday, you might have a greater alternative down the street.”

Daniels’ future within the NFL is vivid, based on Harding. 

“The factor that jumps out is what he did on the mix. He completed within the high 10 in nearly each testing class. When groups sit down with him and put him on a board or make him watch movie, I feel they’ll see a man that has great soccer IQ. A man that’s versatile,” he stated. “A man that loves soccer. You'll be able to coach him exhausting. He transitions to the NFL very positively.

“I’m excited to see what occurs for him within the draft. I've nothing however nice issues to say about him,” he continued. “Any NFL staff that asks about him, that’s my opinion, I say the identical factor. He’s received loads of flexibility. One factor you don’t see on movie till you discuss to him is, he’s received a excessive ardour for soccer and he’s a particularly good child.”

Daniels stated Utah has ready him properly for the subsequent degree. 

“There’s no distinction between being on the College of Utah and the subsequent degree. That’s one thing that I really feel just like the College of Utah prides itself on — the event of gamers,” he stated. “I simply must be myself and that’s what they need to see in these interviews — what sort of individual you're, what sort of participant you're and the way you’re going to behave after they offer you a bunch of cash.”

Daniels is keen to get his shot within the NFL. 

“I attempt to preserve my head down and proceed to work,” he stated. “Wherever I'm going, I’m have aspirations to go Day 2 however I perceive that it’s Day 2-to-undrafted for me. It’s cutthroat however I’m excited and able to hear my title referred to as.”

AP23064754472944.jpg

Utah offensive lineman Braeden Daniels runs a drill on the NFL mix in Indianapolis, Sunday, March 5, 2023. The Utah offensive lineman completed within the high 10 in virtually each take a look at he took for offensive linemen on the mix.

Erin Hooley, Related Press

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post