Who can stop this commercial truck from using disabled person parking?: Roadshow

Q: Too usually I see industrial automobiles parked in a handicap parking spot.

I lately wanted to make use of a spot, however somebody was doing a little work for a financial institution and since that spot was very “handy,” they parked their industrial truck proper in entrance. I yelled at one of many employees that it was unlawful to park there. He stated it was OK as a result of the financial institution stated it was. I informed him that it doesn't matter what anybody stated, it was unlawful to park there.

There wasn’t one other handicap area inside 75 ft. All parking areas close by have been full.

Who can I name to report one thing like this to allow them to pay that massive superb?

Phil, Danville

A: Name metropolis police. If they don't arrive whereas the spot remains to be blocked, they could verify the realm extra sooner or later. A enterprise shouldn't inform folks it’s OK to park there and not using a disabled individual placard or license plate.

Q: I've one other query. My auto has a handicap license plate and I now don't obtain a blue placard. After I go on trip and lease a automobile, can I take advantage of my previous placard with a 2021 expiration date? If not, how do I contact the DMV for a brief card?

Phil, Danville

A: You might not use an expired placard. In case you have a legitimate everlasting disabled individual (DP) license plate, you may request a journey parking DP placard, legitimate for 30 days from the date issued. Full an Software For Disabled Particular person Placard Or Plates (REG 195) and submit it to the DMV.

Q: I've a CA disabled individual placard and will probably be vacationing outdoors CA. Can I take advantage of my placard in different states?

Nameless

A: In lots of states, you need to use your CA placard when touring. Every state has its personal legal guidelines, so verify DMV web sites for states you’ll go to for extra info.

Q: After studying about and experiencing among the roads which might be falling aside, I wished to reward the builders for one part of highway that's in glorious situation: southbound Lawrence Expressway between El Camino and Homestead Highway. When this was repaved in 2015, I used to be so happy with how easy and quiet it's that I wrote you about it then, describing it as “yummy.” It nonetheless is! There aren't any potholes or lacking chunks, no cracks, no standing water. I hope somebody wrote down the recipe for this part and is planning to share it with Caltrans for the remainder of the roads that now desperately want repaving.

Denise Howard, Santa Clara

A: Thanks for the great report. I agree, I hope they saved that recipe.

Search for Gary Richards at fb.com/mr.roadshow or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post