Dolphins’ Tyreek Hill taunts Chiefs ahead of 2023 matchup — and has retirement year in sight

The Dolphins are scheduled to go to the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs throughout the 2023 season, and which means Miami’s star receiver Tyreek Hill will play towards his former crew, with which he gained a Tremendous Bowl and earned six Professional Bowls.

Hill had a message for the Chiefs in an interview with a Kansas Metropolis radio station launched Tuesday night time.

“Chiefs Kingdom, when the Miami Dolphins come to Arrowhead Stadium this yr, guess what we’re going to do,” Hill proclaimed earlier than wrapping up an interview with Sports activities Radio 810 WHB. “I hate to say it, man. I hate to throw up the peace signal towards y’all. I hate to do it. However guess what. I’m going to be y’all worst enemy that day. I’m going to be y’all worst enemy that day.”

The peace signal is Hill’s patented taunt when he speeds away from opposing defenses for an extended landing. Beginning it in Kansas Metropolis, he stored it going with the Dolphins in 2022.

Hill additionally plans to make use of his familiarity with earlier coach Andy Reid’s offense towards his former crew.

“You higher change the alerts,” he stated. “I do know each sign y’all obtained.”

Whereas the Dolphins’ opponents — house and away — for the 2023 season space already identified, sport dates are but to be introduced.

With Hill coming into his eighth NFL season, he additionally revealed within the interview a profession objective to succeed in double digits by taking part in the following three seasons.

“I’m going for 10,” Hill stated. “I’m going to complete out this contract with the Dolphins, after which I’m going to name it quits. I wish to go into the enterprise aspect.”

Hill’s present contract with Miami, which was restructured earlier within the offseason, runs by way of the 2026 season with a possible out forward of the 2025 season.

Hill detailed his transition from the Chiefs to the Dolphins. He was impressed to strongly pursue a bigger contract when he noticed what different receivers within the 2022 free company cycle had been making, which made it tough for the Chiefs to maintain him.

“I like to compete,” he stated. “I compete [on] the sector, and I’m going to additionally compete on the enterprise aspect of this, too. I’m not going to let Christian Kirk have a better contract than me.” In 2022, Kirk went from the Arizona Cardinals to the Jacksonville Jaguars, signing a four-year, $72 million deal. Hill’s unique four-year contract with the Dolphins was price $120 million.

Hill nonetheless helps his former teammates from afar, saying he was rooting for the Chiefs in final season’s Tremendous Bowl as they defeated the Philadelphia Eagles.

“It felt good to observe the boys win,” he stated. “I used to be watching the Tremendous Bowl, and I used to be simply actual completely happy for my guys. Regardless that I’m not part of it, it felt like I used to be part of it.”

Hill stated, after spending six years in Kansas Metropolis, he was nervous to go elsewhere, however he rapidly constructed a bond with new Miami teammates like Jaylen Waddle, Tua Tagovailoa, Xavien Howard and others.

Hill stated it was a wrestle within the first week of organized crew actions to be taught a totally completely different terminology and system, however he was motivated to be taught the brand new playbook. He recalled how coach Mike McDaniel made the transition easy for him, and was at all times encouraging, asking if he’s able to go for two,000 yards when first assembly him in Miami.

Hill made a playful try to recruit All-Professional Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones to the Dolphins when requested if he and the Chiefs will attain a deal on a contract extension. Jones is slated to enter a contract yr in 2023.

“The Chiefs higher signal him again,” Hill stated. “That’s all I obtained to say.”

Hill stated he needs to see the Dolphins draft a decent finish or linebacker with their first decide within the upcoming draft, a second-round choice.

()

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post