Q: Final month somebody requested concerning the velocity restrict for categorical lanes. I didn't see a satisfying reply. My CHP buddy advised me that he has given tickets for impeding visitors to individuals driving the velocity restrict in these lanes. If I don’t need to drive 25 mph within the common lanes and I don’t need to get a ticket for dashing or impeding visitors, how briskly ought to I be driving?
Linda Brown
A: Your CHP buddy is appropriate and it factors to how drivers should react to visitors round them. In case you are impeding visitors even on the velocity restrict, attempt to pull safely right into a slower lane.
Q: Usually, carpool lanes have three indicators. One notes the fantastic, one notes the 2-person requirement, and one notes the time of day when restrictions are in impact.
I used to be on southbound Freeway 101 the opposite day. I seen the opposite two indicators, however not the time of day signal. Is the carpool lane efficient all-day-every-day on that stretch of highway? If not, we’re one signal quick.
Tom Littmann
A: That space has the traditional carpool hours. A brand new signal is coming.
Q: I wasn’t positive if carpool lanes on eastbound Montague Expressway are at the moment efficient, Monday by means of Friday, 3-7 p.m. Throughout the pandemic, the diamond signal was off and I assumed that vehicles may drive in that lane. With extra individuals going again to work, is the carpool lane enforced, though the flashing diamond signal remains to be off?
Joe Wan
A: Diamond lanes are at the moment efficient on this space, whether or not the signal is on now or not.
Q: The Freeway 17 part between Los Gatos and simply west of Bear Creek Highway is in horrible situation. Why didn’t that part get repaved with the remainder of 17? Is there a timeline for repaving?
Chris Dier
A: Paving on this stretch of 17 will come inside this subsequent yr.
There’s different work that can start this week on 17. Beginning Wednesday, March 8, Caltrans will start transferring fallen timber broken within the latest storms.
Crews will begin on the southbound facet, working from Bear Creek Highway to Summit Highway, 9 a.m. to three p.m., Wednesday, March 8 by means of Friday, March 10. The suitable lane closure will transfer south because the crew’s work progresses.
As soon as southbound work is accomplished, crews will swap over to northbound 17, working from Summit Highway to Blossom Hill Highway from Monday, March 13 by means of Wednesday, March 15. The suitable lane closure will transfer north because the crew completes northbound tree elimination work over these three days.
Caltrans will replace its Twitter web page at https://twitter.com/CaltransD4 on the most recent freeway circumstances, and drivers can test Caltrans Quickmap http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/
Search for Gary Richards at Fb.com/mr.roadshow or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.