FSU’s Jammie Robinson, Jared Verse will play in bowl game

As Florida State continues preparations for enjoying in its first bowl recreation since 2019, the Seminoles know they’ll have first-team All-ACC picks Jammie Robinson and Jared Verse.

Robinson and Verse dedicated to taking part in within the postseason slightly than bypassing it to organize for the NFL Draft in April. Whereas they haven’t made any selections on their futures, each are projected as picks.

“There’s been no debate. I like soccer. I like the sport and that’s what I’m right here for,” mentioned Robinson, a security. “I’m right here to assist the staff get wins, and I’m a staff man. It’s one other recreation for me to showcase what I do and what I like.”

Added Verse, “I plan on planning within the bowl recreation it doesn't matter what. I wish to give my greatest effort and I’m nonetheless deciding what I’m going to do sooner or later.”

Whereas the Seminoles’ postseason plans are unclear, projections have them anyplace from the Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando to the Vacation Bowl in San Diego. A choice gained’t come till Sunday afternoon after the School Soccer Playoff choice present.

Gamers opting out of a bowl recreation, slightly than risking harm earlier than the NFL Mix in February, is a rising development.

“Guys like that — they’re going to remorse it in the long run. You'll be able to’t take it with no consideration,” mentioned Robinson, who led the staff with 86 tackles, together with 4 tackles for loss, an interception, 4 cross breakups and 5 quarterback hurries. “I’m going to overlook school soccer, and I wish to get each recreation in. I’m right here for Florida State.”

Verse, a redshirt sophomore edge rusher, is projected as a first-round choose by ESPN’s Mel Kiper.

“I’m speaking to individuals near me, speaking to individuals round me who've extra info to try to know the perfect state of affairs for me,” he mentioned.

15 earn All-ACC: Florida State had 15 gamers earn All-ACC, with three gamers named to the primary staff, 4 to the second, one on the third and 7 honorable mentions. It was the second-most within the convention behind Clemson’s 22 and probably the most by the Seminoles since 2015.

Senior offensive lineman Dillan Gibbons joined Robinson and Verse on the primary staff, whereas quarterback Jordan Travis led the second staff with operating again Trey Benson, receiver Johnny Wilson and offensive sort out Robert Scott Jr. Offensive guard D’Mitri Emmanuel made the third staff.

Heart Maurice Smith, operating again Treshaun Ward, defensive tackles Fabien Lovett and Robert Cooper, linebacker Tatum Bethune, cornerback Renardo Inexperienced and punt returner Mycah Pittman earned honorable point out.

This text first appeared on OrlandoSentinel.com. E mail Matt Murschel at mmurschel@orlandosentinel.com or observe him on Twitter at @osmattmurschel.

()

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post