Here’s what we know about the Herschel Walker abortion allegation

Republican Georgia Senate nominee Herschel Walker.

Republican Georgia Senate nominee Herschel Walker, well-known for his anti-abortion stance, allegedly paid for his girlfriend to have an abortion in 2009.

Invoice Barrow, Related Press

Georgia Senate Republican candidate Herschel Walker has been accused of paying for an abortion in 2009 whereas having a powerful anti-abortion stance right this moment.

Walker has denounced the declare as a “flat-out” lie.

What's the accusation towards Herschel Walker?

An unidentified girl instructed The Every day Beast that Walker satisfied her to get an abortion after discovering out that she was pregnant in 2009. After the kid was aborted, the lady reported that Walker gave her cash for the process.

To show this, she produced a $575 receipt from the ability the place she obtained the abortion, a “get effectively” card from Walker in his handwriting and a photograph of a signed $700 test from Walker on the financial institution deposit receipt, based on CNN.

Herschel Walker’s son shouldn't be standing behind him

Time reported that Walker’s son and conservative influencer Christian Walker has denounced his father in mild of this scandal.

“I do know my mother and I might actually respect if my father Herschel Walker stopped mendacity and making a mockery of us,” Christian Walker mentioned in a Twitter publish. “You’re not a ‘household man.’”

As he has taken a powerful stance towards his father, many conservatives on social media criticized him for talking at a marketing campaign occasion for his father in 2021.

Christian Walker responded in a video on social media, saying that he solely did one marketing campaign occasion after which didn’t wish to be concerned after that due to the household points he confronted together with his father rising up.

“For the precise to say I’m being suspicious for saying, ‘Hey, I’m performed with the lies,’ once you all have been calling me saying, ‘Is that this true about your dad,’ ‘Are we going to lose Georgia?’ You don't have any concept what I've been via in my life. You don't have any concept what me and my mother have survived,” he mentioned.

In the identical publish, Christian Walker then addressed the backlash that individuals on the left have been giving him in mild of the controversy.

“After which for individuals on the left to behave as if I’m chargeable for all of the issues that he has performed. I've talked about my father’s absence, I’ve talked about all of those points as a result of they’ve been near me. As a result of they matter to me. As a result of I went via it.”

Why this issues

This controversy comes earlier than one of the crucial aggressive Senate races this yr, the place Walker is the Republican nominee going through Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.

“They’re utilizing an nameless supply to additional slander me,” Herschel Walker mentioned, per CNN. “They may do something to carry onto energy. It’s disgusting, gutter politics.”

FiveThirtyEight reported that Georgia is without doubt one of the states that might be the “tipping level” for whether or not the chamber can have a majority Democratic or Republican rule. Whereas this controversy comes into mild earlier than the election has taken place, it’s tough to inform whether or not or not this can actually harm his possibilities.

“I’ll let the pundits resolve how they assume it's going to affect the race,” Warnock mentioned in an announcement on Monday.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post