Can we bring back driver’s ed? Lots of drivers out there could sure use it: Roadshow

Q: Is it going to take one other 9/11 to make us well mannered drivers as an alternative of me-firsters? Two issues are actually bothering me proper now (in addition to the insane dashing!)

Roberta Howe, San Jose

A: After 9/11, drivers slowed down…for a number of days, after which it was again to outdated driving methods. Please proceed, Roberta…

Q: Merging: When coming into the freeway, you're speculated to match pace with present visitors. Once I’m driving in the appropriate lane and somebody comes up the ramp to merge forward me, I again off a bit to present them an opportunity to merge safely. I believe many individuals pace up and don’t enable this. This creates fearful drivers who cling again earlier than merging, and that's actually harmful. A buddy just lately posted that somebody STOPPED arising an on-ramp!

Roberta Howe, San Jose

A: And…

Q: Cease indicators: You hear “deal with it as a four-way cease.” What does that imply? My understanding is that it's a clockwise development across the intersection (following the yield-to-the car-on-your-right rule). However individuals do criss-crossing, roll on by and each different type of “me first” habits.

Roberta Howe, San Jose

A: Autos that get to the intersection first have the right-of-way. If a car will get to the intersection on the similar time that you simply do, the car in your proper has the right-of-way. And eventually…

Q: I blame a whole lot of this on the shortage of driver’s ed in highschool. Can we carry that again? My 20-year-old nephew could be very nervous about studying to drive and I hate to see him should pay for lots of classes.

Roberta Howe, San Jose

A: Driver’s ed in highschool was very helpful.

Q: As I’m driving across the Bay Space, I typically come throughout highways which have nearly no lane markers. Typically they've solely occasional /sparse reflectors and no strains in any respect. Typically they've strains however no reflectors, and I can't see the lane markers at evening or within the rain. I believe there may be one part of freeway in San Francisco which will have had no markers of any sort – strains or reflectors (it was evening, so I’m not 100% positive).

I'm in my early 30’s and have a tough time seeing, so I think about many individuals with worse eyes can't see something in any respect! I lived within the south for a few years and their roads had been so significantly better. Are you able to give any insights on the shortage of correct lane markers right here?

Cate Levey

A: New lane markers are progressively being put in on Bay Space roads. They're taller and can mirror higher at evening.

Search for Gary Richards at Fb.com/mr.roadshow or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post