Anna Faris accuses ‘Ghostbusters’ director Ivan Reitman of sexual harassment on set

Anna Faris arrives at the “Mom” 100th episode celebration in Los Angeles.

Anna Faris arrives on the “Mother” one hundredth episode celebration on Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, in Los Angeles.

Willy Sanjuan, Invision by way of Related Press

Anna Faris claims the late director Ivan Reitman inappropriately touched and bullied her on the set of 2006 comedy “My Tremendous Ex-Girlfriend.”

Throughout the newest episode of her podcast, “Anna Faris Is Unqualified,” Faris spoke with actress Lena Dunham, the place she shared the small print of her expertise with Reitman. The director died in February.

“One in all my hardest movie experiences was with Ivan Reitman. I imply, the thought of making an attempt to make a comedy below this, like, reign of terror, he was a yeller,” Faris instructed Dunham. “He would carry down someone day by day … and my first day, it was me.”

Faris claimed on her podcast that in her first day on set, “I used to be doing a scene the place I used to be on a ladder and I used to be imagined to be taking books off a shelf, and he slapped my (butt) in entrance of the crew so arduous.” Faris claims nobody spoke up after the incident and she or he giggled regardless of feeling “small.”

Throughout the identical podcast, Faris claimed Reitman instructed her agent he employed her to star within the film due to her “nice legs.” Faris instructed Dunham it bothered her that she was employed based mostly on a bodily trait moderately than expertise.

Gavin Polone, one of many producers on “My Tremendous Ex-Girlfriend,” instructed Deadline, “I by no means noticed that incident, or heard about it, however I'd not have any cause to dispute Anna’s account, both. If Anna says it occurred, I consider her. If it had occurred in entrance of me, I definitely would have confronted Ivan about it. I’m unhappy to suppose Anna was demeaned in that method.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post