Dear Abby: He kept secrets, lied to me and cut me off, but I value our friendship

DEAR ABBY: I've recognized my pal “Aaron” since first grade. Our relationship hasn’t been the identical since COVID broke out. He hardly connects with me until it’s on social media. He refuses to get along with anybody or go away his home.

Issues haven’t been straightforward for him as a result of he lives alone. He used to stay together with his brother, however since his brother’s loss of life just a few years in the past, Aaron hasn’t been the identical. I’m upset with him as a result of as an alternative of telling me, he informed my greatest pal about his brother’s loss of life.

Once we mentioned making an attempt to get collectively once more, he initially stated he needed to attend till the stay-at-home order was lifted. When that lastly occurred, he introduced he didn’t need to get collectively till COVID had died down and it was thought-about protected.

Abby, I really feel harm and betrayed. I perceive Aaron’s considerations about COVID and the dangers concerned, however I don’t like being lied to. I really feel he deceived me by telling me one factor however actually which means one other. I believe he ought to have been upfront and sincere with me from the beginning.

I worth our friendship, so I’m not keen to throw it away simply but. Aaron is now not speaking to me, and our relationship is ruined.

Am I mistaken to really feel this manner? I’m not sure about what steps to take subsequent.

HURT GUY IN MICHIGAN

DEAR HURT GUY: You didn’t point out whether or not Aaron is socializing once more with others. It’s attainable that since his brother’s passing he has realized how fragile and unpredictable life may be, and is taking each precaution.

I believe it could be more healthy for you for those who cease obsessing about him and start forming different friendships. If Aaron is now not speaking to you, the “steps” it's best to take are in the wrong way.

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I've been married for 40 years, and we’ve had our ups and downs.

My downside is, he ceaselessly talks concerning the women he knew earlier than me. He describes all of them in glowing phrases — beautiful, excellent physique, stunning hair, well-endowed and on and on. It makes me really feel self-conscious and insufficient.

Add to this he's short-tempered with me. He consistently finds fault with the best way I do issues and speaks to me harshly.

After I informed him the way it made me really feel, his reply was that I used to be “sick within the head.” He gained’t hear or acknowledge that he has an element in the issue. The place do I'm going from right here?

FEELING LESS THAN

DEAR FEELING LESS: I’m glad you requested. The place you go from right here is to the workplace of a licensed psychotherapist that can assist you work out why you've gotten tolerated being handled this manner for 40 years and provide the instruments to regain your battered vanity.

Your short-tempered husband is not any prize. Whether or not his long-ago girlfriends might have competed for Miss Universe is irrelevant. He one way or the other wound up with “flawed” little ol’ you. You might be no extra “sick within the head” than I'm! Wrap your thoughts round that reality and acknowledge you're married to a verbal abuser with an overactive fantasy life, and the higher off you can be.

Pricey Abby is written by Abigail Van Buren, also referred to as Jeanne Phillips, and was based by her mom, Pauline Phillips. Contact Pricey Abby at www.DearAbby.com or P.O. Field 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post