Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians share road and responsibility: Roadshow

Q: Gary, I can’t start to say how offended I used to be by your column that “pedestrians have to do their half in serving to make metropolis streets safer.”

As a bicycle owner, it's one hundred pc my duty to ensure I don’t injure anybody by means of my actions. And as a pedestrian, it's one hundred pc the duty of the particular person in command of a multi-ton machine to ensure they don’t harm anybody. It’s so simple as that.

Sure, individuals ought to be conscious and cautious after they cross the road, however even when pedestrians are, that doesn't assure their security. Placing the onus on the again of pedestrians is shameful.

Joey Kotfica, San Francisco

A: My level is that all of us have to do our half to maintain ourselves secure. Sure, a driver is accountable for ensuring his or her multi-ton automobile doesn't injure anybody, or worse. A pedestrian can additional shield his or her security by remaining attentive.

Q: I have to get a DMV refund for extra cash drawn from my checking account.

I renew our automobile registrations on-line. When the DMV began charging a price for bank card transactions, I switched to direct financial institution switch, which has no charges. This labored, till the current renewal of my spouse’s automotive registration.

I accomplished the web renewal on Could 12, 2022 and $249 was to be debited from my checking account. The DMV took $41 from my checking account on Could 13 and $249 on Could 16. After noticing this, I referred to as the DMV on Could 23. The particular person I spoke to informed me to finish the Software for Refund and to submit it to DMV with proof of extra withdrawal. I mailed this to the DMV on Could 23.

After ready patiently for almost 2 months, I referred to as the DMV. I used to be informed to name the Registration and Titling Unit. For the previous a number of days I've been calling, however am not capable of communicate to anybody. Even after calling at completely different instances of the day, I get a immediate that I ought to name at one other time, then the telephone is disconnected. I'm now out of my wits.

I've learn your column for over 30 years, and also you appear to have an inside monitor to the DMV. Please assist me get well my $41 from the DMV.

Ravinder Singh Ajmani

A: You wrote once more. Quickly after I contacted the DMV, an individual from the company contacted you. After analysis, she discovered that the DMV didn't obtain the surplus cash, though your financial institution assertion confirmed CA DMV because the recipient. You filed a dispute along with your financial institution, and the financial institution returned the funds to your account.

I’m glad the issue was solved.

Search for Gary Richards at Fb.com/mr.roadshow or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post