More express lanes are planned to the chagrin of some readers: Roadshow

Q: I worry that the dreaded toll lanes will likely be with us endlessly. Each time I'm close to one, I get sick to my abdomen, considering how my taxes are being wasted on one other boondoggle. What a waste of dollars and precious California actual property that sits practically empty for hours a day. I doubt it has stimulated anyone to start out carpooling. These toll lanes are the largest waste of our taxes outdoors of that high-speed practice to nowhere. Now we've got automobile lanes to nowhere.

Craig Bender, Walnut Creek

A: They aren’t going to go away. In actual fact, extra categorical lanes are coming. They could ultimately lengthen from the Bay Space to Sacramento.

Q: Have you ever had any complaints concerning the implementation of two toll lanes on part of the current Freeway 101 toll /categorical lane deployment in Santa Clara County? I don’t suppose the general public was conscious that Caltrans would have a protracted part with solely 3 common lanes and a pair of toll lanes. That is creating an all-day backup on this part of 101.

Richard Barton, Foster Metropolis

A: I haven’t had any complaints. The double carpool lanes are restricted in size and supposed to make it safer and simpler for drivers to merge out and in of the categorical lanes in excessive site visitors areas.

Q: Can I nonetheless use the carpool lane with my carpool sticker when I'm a solo driver on Freeway 101 south after 237, the place the brand new HOV categorical lane ends? I don’t have my FasTrak but.

Jill Cohen

A: Sure. You want a FasTrak transponder to make use of categorical lanes, however you need to use the previous carpool lanes as a solo driver with legitimate carpool stickers. It's irritating that the principles for these lanes differ now. This will likely be resolved when 101 has categorical lanes all the best way to Gilroy.

Q: I turned a bicycle owner as an grownup a bit over 20 years in the past. I've been hit by vehicles on two events over these years, and have skilled a lot of close to misses. Though most drivers strive to concentrate on cyclists, the distracted, unaware, and a small share of downright imply individuals, together with the deplorable situation of our roads, have led to many cyclists utilizing far more of the lane than many drivers can grasp.

I'm discovering that the inexperienced paint helps to make drivers conscious that cyclists do belong on the roadway.

Bob Montague, Aptos

A: Because the variety of inexperienced bike lanes will increase, the variety of drivers who notice that they should pay shut consideration to bicyclists of their midst, relatively than to miss them, additionally seems to be rising.

Search for Gary Richards at Fb.com/mr.roadshow, or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post