Caltrans denied my $524 claim for pothole damage: Roadshow

Q: My daughter was driving my 2015 BMW 328i eastbound on Interstate 580 in January when she hit a big pothole within the No. 1 lane close to the highest of the Dublin grade. It flattened the tire. She drove off the freeway to the Foothill exit and found that the entrance tire was shredded.

My spouse met her on the exit ramp. The tow truck driver stated that my automobile was the sixth automobile he faraway from the freeway that week from the identical pothole. He additionally stated that he understood Caltrans was alleged to have mounted it by the point this occurred. At a tire retailer in Dublin, we have been advised that the left rear tire was additionally broken, with a big bubble within the facet wall. The automobile had two bent aluminum rims on the identical facet.

My spouse submitted a declare with Caltrans, asking for the substitute price of $524.

Caltrans despatched us a letter to say that they denied our declare. The denial said that the declare didn't meet their necessities.

What might be completed now?

Doug Peterson, San Ramon

A: File one other declare. This time, embody what the tow truck driver stated. Be very particular. It’s not a assure, however it might strengthen your declare.

Q: I simply examine altering to the FasTrak Flex transponder with the change for toll roads. I obtained the brand new units, then reached out to FasTrak about returning the previous transponders. They mailed me a postage-paid return envelope, and after they obtained and processed my previous transponders, I obtained a $20 credit score for each that I returned.

Sandy Niec, Alameda

A : That is good to know. And kudos to FasTrak for the transponder return program.

Q: Right here’s an replace on my Clipper Card drawback. I gave them one other probability, as you advised. I found my son bought the cardboard with pretax dollars from his paycheck. The federal government says no refunds. So my husband and I made a decision to donate it. It had $107 on it.

I examine sleeping luggage for homeless within the Mercury Information. We had a few of Ryan’s tenting issues to donate. The rep got here instantly. I additionally confirmed him the Clipper Card. He instantly knew of a deserving one who may use it. When he described the particular person’s state of affairs, I knew it was precisely what Ryan would have completed with the cardboard. It was a satisfying conclusion to a irritating state of affairs.

Christine Kingsland

A: Christine’s son, Ryan, died all of a sudden just a few months in the past. He had cash left on a Clipper account that they have been unable to entry. The donation put the cash to good use.

Search for Gary Richards at Fb.com/mr.roadshow, or contact him at mrroadshow@bayareanewsgroup.com.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post